March 24-25, 2017
Ft. Worth Convention Center- Ft. Worth, TX
Two full days of competition, Friday and Saturday
Beautiful National award trophies and medals will be presented to
deserving teams, ensembles and solo performers.
National Champion Soloists will be named in all age divisions for color guard and twirlers.
Winners receive a beautiful letter jacket or a national championship ring.
The competition begins on Friday morning and runs through Saturday evening! Teams should make travel plans so that they are available on Friday for competition.
Spectator Admissions and Parking
Spectator Fee $20.00 per day
Children under 6 and Spectators over 65 $12.00 per day
Parking: The convention center has expanded its parking to include two garage areas located on Houston Street and Commerce Street. Garage Parking will be $10-$15 a day for both Friday and Saturday. Metered Parking throughout the entire Ft. Worth downtown area is free after 6pm on Friday and all day Saturday. Parking is prohibited at TWU lots located between Commerce and Calhoun. Towing is enforced at all times. Bus parking is very sparse in the Downtown Area therefore buses are advised to drop off and return to hotel locations.
Convention Center Address:
The address is 1201 Houston St.
Fort Worth, TX, 76102
Entrance to Arena Lobby – 9th Street & Commerce
Flight Travel to Ft. Worth
3 airports serve the area.
- DFW International Airport
- Dallas Love Field Airport
- Meacham International Airport
National Competition Information
MA has one of the most prestigious and respected National Championships in America. Typically our national competition involves over 100 dance and auxiliary teams.
(Teams consist of 5 or more)
||Team Flag and
||Solo Age Divisions
Small Color Guard
Note: Ensembles are for 2-4 performers only.
- Tiny 6 Years & Younger
- Mini 7 to 9 Years Old
- Youth 10 to 12 Years Old
- Junior 13 to 14 Years Old
- Senior 15 to 16 Years Old
- Senior 17 to 18 Years Old
- Open 19+ Years Old
NATIONAL AUXILIARY AWARDS:
- Special National Championship For Team Placement
- National 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place Trophies for Color Guard and Majorette Ensembles and Solos.
- Medals for Superior Rated Ensembles Members and Soloist.
- National Championship Jackets for winning Color Guard and Twirling Solo Champions in all age divisions.
Though prequalification for MA Nationals is not a necessity, it is highly encouraged that you attend one of our regional championships so that you have an opportunity to receive helpful critiques for your performance before Nationals.
Guidelines for Routines
- Team routines should be from 2:30 to 3 minutes in length.
- Ensembles should not exceed 2:30 in length.
- Solo routines should be limited to 2 minutes and not exceed 2:15 in length.
- Winter Guard Productions may be up to 10 minutes in length which includes set up and break down.
- Music may be recorded on CD or Ipod. Bring back up music in case technical difficulties arise.
- Facilities for Team Auxiliary performances will be on a gymnasium floor which measures 96' x 50'. Solos and ensembles may be held in a smaller gym, ballroom, or stage. However, celings will be tall enough to avoid any performance problems.
Professional judges will provide digitial audio critques for all team, ensemble, and solo performances. At Nationals, Team routines will also receive a video of their performance with audio judging critiques.
Note: Small ensembles for color guard and twirlers consist of 2-4 performers only. Any group with 5 or more participants must enter the team division.
Click here to view the sample artwork from our Commemorative Nationals Sweatshirt!
Copyright 1999-2016 Marching
Auxiliaries - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED